Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My roommate, the gay?

No! Though most people wish to describe my roommate as metro (Mextro) or even just plain gay, he's not. He likes the poon but is just a sensitive, creative and charismatic man. I mean, sure this description can describe any aesthete, well groomed, well dressed homo, but this is what makes my roomie so special. Not a gay. Not metro. Sure, he's kinda effete: we share the same grooming products, he bought our bathroom stuffs from CB2, he eats organic and he has a platonic boyfriend whose bed he sleeps in occasionally... I know! He screams homo but if I were to peg him as something it would be a gay straight man.

Last night, I hung out with him and his BFF (Bed Fellow Friend) and it was the cutest thing on earth. Yawning babies ( don't have shit on them. They spent the night making fun of each other's ability to handle booze, each other's taste in music/shoes/women/height and my roommate's broken heart (at the hands of a mutual friend). They're both shorter than my 5'8" and they act like children...or hobbits. I think the Mexican/foreign element complicates the picture plenty. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between a Mexigay (Mexican + gay) and a Hipxican (Hispter+Mexican) or a Yupxican (Yuppy + Mexican). They're a hybrid of sorts, resulting in a sampling of the music taste, grooming habits and dispensable income of said groups.

I'm trying to find my roommate a wifey who deserves the best man on earth. If interested, please submit 2 photos, a resume, and a writing sample.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't kid yourself. Dude gay. He just don't know it yet.